Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Industrial Glam Styled Wedding Photoshoot by Shanell Photography©

How about a little Wedding Wednesday post!? I remember when I first started this blog and I was planning our wedding... Wednesday wedding posts were some of my favorite! Even though this has nothing to do with Michael and I's wedding... it's still something I would love to share! (Finally!) The industrial glam details of this styled wedding just blow my mind... absolutely stunning! Even Michael commented on how cool the colors and copper details were! I've been waiting patiently since February to share this shoot!
 
Before I share my thoughts/favorite photos, be sure to check our the feature with additional photos on Wedding Chicks as well as Shanell Photography's blog post. All copyrights go to Shanell Photography.
 
As ya'll know, Shanell Photography is my favorite and I don't just say that because she's a friend. She does such amazing work and I'm definitely addicted to having her do photo sessions for our family! When she asked me if Michael and I would be willing to model for a styled session for an entry to be published/advertised, I did not hesitate! Annnnd I didn't ask Michael's permission. I just volunteered him and thankfully he didn't complain! (Thanks hunnie!) Not only did this shoot sound so fun to just show up and not worry about anything besides bringing myself (and my husband), but also because she gave us copyrights to the images! More pictures to hang in our house someday?! Yes please! Although, I was a little hesitant because I was pregnant and hadn't announced it yet so I gave her the little secret and she still asked us to do it!
 
So a little behind the scenes of these photos... because, well, who doesn't like the reality of things?!
 
• I was 15 weeks pregnant at the time
• The venue was The Henry Ford Piquette Plant in Detroit. Where the first Model T was built. How cool is that?!
• The fancy 'ole historical building didn't have heat. Which we didn't find out until we got there that morning. Mind you it was mid February in Michigan and maybe 30 degrees that day...
• There was a small amount of heat in one of the bathrooms (45 degrees I think the thermostat said) so we hung out in there as often as we could...
• I originally got fitted for a different dress which was gorgeous! The dress shop mailed it to the wedding planner and it somehow got lost so the dress in the photos is a different one they shipped last minute, which was way too big and we didn't have any pins to pin it.
• The silver lining of the above comment? Due to said dress being too big, I have jeans on underneath the dress. Give me all the layers!

Okay so let's get to the good stuff! It was slightly impossible to pick favorites.... I'll start with the details first... Copper, macaroon cake (yes please!), rustic floral, navy tux with a bow tie on the hubs (Mmmmhmm), and Moscow mules!
 
 
 


 


 
 
 

 
I personally feel like the details were the most important pieces I wanted to share about this shoot because they were so gorgeous and unique! The other minor detail is the models... us! Haha! I love that I'll have these photos to cherish forever. A memory of the time we played dress up as a bride and groom... This time with our second baby on the way. ♥
 


 
 
    
 
 




 
 


 
Vendor credits
 
Event Planning by Mitten Weddings & Events
Venue: Ford Piquette Plant - Detroit, Michigan
Copper Bride/Groom Chair Detail: Fancy Face Studio
 Hair & Makeup: B's Makeup Artistry
Cake & Macaroon Tower: Brookie's Cookies & Cakes
Additional Rental Supplies: Event Source
 
 


10 comments:

  1. Wow!! These are stunning!! I love all of the little details, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to get to play dress up! Gorgeous details too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are GORGEOUS!! And these photos are just stunning - your friends is SO talented!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS! Love all the pretty flowers an you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! these photos are absolutely stunning. that dress is gorgeous, even if it is a little big. i love that you had jeans on underneath hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful styled shoot and so fun that you got to model with Michael!! It's like you get more wedding photos :) xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! I love these so much I want to frame one in my home! (hahaha) Hot couple alert! xo Hope ya'll have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A cute couple! Thanks a lot for sharing their wedding photos. We tied the knot at one of most popular Chicago wedding venues. We had the best wedding planning services for our big day and planner did a wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, every detail was beautiful including YOU! I love the rustic background and the pops of color! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete