Sunday, April 10, 2016

Remington Rose ♥ 12 Months

Almost 2 weeks ago, our tiny baby girl turned a whole 1 year old already! Between packing, all 3 of us being sick, teething (a molar! Yikes!), and throwing a birthday party I just haven't had a chance to document one last monthly update of our sweet girl. I'm especially thankful I've taken the time to do these posts since I've majorly been slacking (where's all that "free time" SAHM's supposably have to do things they've longed to do???) and haven't gotten a chance to work on Remington's baby book. Gasp.
 
So for now, I'm done boring you with monthly updates of Remi Roo. Although in 4 short months, I'll have a new baby to start over with. ;)
 
In case you skipped over missed out on all things Remington turning one... check out her cake smash photoshoot and her pink & gold themed birthday party! ♥
 
I don't have too many pics for her last little update. Honestly, it's soooo hard to get her to sit still! At this point, I'm just glad I got them over the last year and as long as I got one good picture to document in her baby book (someday), I am happy. 

 
Weight/Length: According to our scale at home 25lbs. According to the Dr. scale 23lbs. I'm going to take advantage of that 2lb difference for my own personal reasons. Lol.
Clothes: 12 months and size 4 shoes. 12mo shirts are snug to button and some are snug on the head/shoulders however 12mo pants are too long yet 9mo pants are too tight. We're definitely at an in between stage right now. But she's got some adorable summer clothes in 12mo that I'm hoping she can squeeze into!
Sleep HabitsShe is still stuck in the habit of waking up around 5am and not wanting to go back to bed on her own. I blame the wet diaper. Then at that point while she's up, I can't get her to go back to sleep. She'll cry for an hour. Literally. So if I give her a bottle, she goes back to sleep until 7:30ish. That's going to be a tough habit to break once I start weaning her off her bottles here soon. :/ Oh and I'm still terrible about going back to bed after I get up with her. I know I should utilize my time, but I. just. can't. Sleep wins.
Eating Habits: We have a picky eater on our hands. No matter how many times I give her meat and veggies, she will not eat them. But she will eat fruit, bread, hard boiled eggs, and pasta all day every day. I always said I was going to be the parent that makes a meal for the family and if they don't like it too bad because I'm not making multiple meals. So I hope someday she improves.
DiapersSize 5 Honest Co.
Appearance: Chubby little legs and belly, 9 teeth, hair is thickening and getting longer, facial expressions galore, and I'd still say mini Michael all the way. You be the judge... here's a little comparison of the 3 of us....
(L: Mama // C: Remi // R: Dada)
Nicknames: Stinky, Sassy pants, Remi, Remi Roo, Tiny, Tiny Toots, Tootsies, Baby
FirstsI'm terrible at keeping track of the "firsts"...
Doing/Learning: Drinking out of the Miracle 360 Trainer Cup, Blowing kisses, going to the fridge or high chair when she wants to eat, she definitely comprehends things that you ask her to do such as "where is your baby? Put the baby in the stroller." or "Do you want to take a bath?" and she runs to the bathroom. She bends down and gets right up in your face or the dogs face or to look at a picture. It's hilarious. She's a little dare devil and she's not afraid to climb things, such as the entertainment center or the couch and then hang off the armrest. Yikes. I can't think of anything else right now and I'm sure I'm missing all sorts of things.
Likes: Her bubblegum machine (she likes to shove anything and everything in it then scream because it doesn't work), she likes to take things and hide them from me, playing with my makeup bag - she especially loves when she gets the brushes, iPhones, remote, the doggies, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, flipping through pages of books, books with animals, bath time, her car coupe.
Dislikes: She dislikes being told no or having things taken from her, wearing socks, if I sit down she is mad if she can't sit on my lap, I definitely can't take a shower or go to the bathroom without her getting mad, she dislikes a lot of food the list is way too long to keep track. Again, I feel like there's so many things she dislikes and I can't think of them right now.
Mommy's FeelingsThis last month has been better than last month. I've accepted the fact that most days I just can't get things done while she's awake and that's made a big difference in my attitude/happiness. I've been focusing on enjoying my time with her whether it be playing, snuggling, or just watching her. She's learning and growing so fast and I don't want to wish these days away, so I might as well soak them all in. Everything else can wait. ♥






Catch up here...
12 Months
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. She is the perfect mix of you and Michael!! Can't believe she's already 1!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!!! I am with you on the getting-stuff-done-during-the-day. I feel like I am always choosing between having a messy house and playing with the kids or pushing them off to some activity to clean. Ugh! I need your mindset (and a maid)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo my gosh she has the prettiest smile! I hope I don't have a picky eater. It's hard! I have said the same thing about eating... she eats what I make or doesn't eat! But it's hard in practice, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she is SO cute! i love the side-by-side pics with mama + dada! :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to plan on doing these updates. Such a good way to look back at each month. I've always thought she looked like Michael but next to your baby picture, I think she resembles you a lot too!

    ReplyDelete