Wednesday, June 8, 2016

29 Things - 29th Year

How is it a week into June already?! Seriously... someone turn the clocks back or something!

One week from today is my birthday! Unlike last year, I actually remembered!

Back in the day I used to look forward to the month of June (I mean I still do, but I used to reaaaaallly look forward to it) for a few different reasons... Mostly because it's my birthday month (and Michael's) and the start of summer. But now that I don't quite party hard celebrate the way that I used to, June just isn't as big of a deal to me anymore. I'm not sure if I grew up, became old and lame, or all the above. Don't get me wrong, I still love a good birthday celebration and there are a lot of other great happenings in June! Over the last few years my time has been consumed with other important things, such as planning a wedding, planning a surprise 30th birthday party for Michael, having a baby, and now this year being pregnant and homeless (kidding.. kind of). 

So, here's to my last year in my 20's, maybe next year I'll get back to celebrating and ring in my 30th year doing something a little more fun! This year I am thankful because we are at least living together (in the camper, nonetheless) so dinner and a s'more will do! Plus, Michael has a few days afterwards off work so we are planning to enjoy a quick camping trip on the lake with some family! 

In honor of my upcoming birthday, I'm just going to share 29 random things about me/my life that you probably don't care about to ring in my 29th year of life! In no particular order of course...

1. I was born on my Dad's birthday. 
2013 Birthday's

2. My nicknames are Jew, Jules, Rudy, Sis.

3. I still have and sleep with my baby blanket. 

4. I've traveled to Mexico (Cabo & Cancun), Alaska, Nevada (Vegas), Florida (Ft. Meyers, Daytona, & Disney), Kentucky, Texas (Forth Worth), Ohio, Louisiana (West Monroe), Washington (Seattle), and Canada.


5. I don't eat seafood. Zip zero zilch. The texture and smell grosses me out. 

6. My plan for when I grew up was to be a model, police officer, or a teacher. A teacher was my top pick mostly because I like kids, helping others, and the schedule would be good for being a parent. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would wind up being a SAHM. 

7. I make lists for everything. On sticky notes, note pads, my iPhone. Never ending lists. Honestly though, I think I'd forget a lot of things if I didn't write them down. I blame my mother for that! 

8. Speaking of lists, when I make my grocery list, I write the list out/add to it throughout the week, then before I go shopping I rewrite the list in section order so I can easily get what I need as I go through the store. 

9. In high school I had a short cheer leading career due to being a flyer and having injuries within my first two years. One being a broken nose that needed reconstructive surgery and the next being hip surgery. 

10. I like syrup with my grilled cheese sandwich. Don't knock it 'till you try it!

11. My lucky/favorite number is 11

12. Michael proposed on 11/11/11

13. I've been to a lot of concerts! It's one of my favorite things to do for fun! Some artists I've seen are: George Strait, Kenny Chesney, Lady A, Brooks and Dunn, Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan, Alan Jackson, Kid Rock, ahhh so many more I can't remember right now! 
Michael and I's first concert together - Brad Paisley in 2010 :)

14. If I could travel anywhere, I think I would go to Turks & Caicos, A moose or elk hunting trip in Canada or Alaska, and across to the pond to Germany, Italy, France, and/or Finland! 

15. I've been on 7 billboards. 3 for college and 4 for QDMA. 

16. I have 4 siblings - 1 biological brother, two half sisters, and one half brother.

17. I am a one time pageant girl! I competed in the Miss Michigan 2012 pageant. I did not place in the top 15 and yes, I cried. However it was a great learning experience and I had a lot of fun doing it! (Yes, I hate my hair for the evening gown portion but that's what happens when you don't know how to do hair and they don't provide stylists!)

18. Ever since I got my license, my dream vehicle was a lifted pickup. A chevy/GMC to be exact. Thanks to my hubby, he brought that dream to a reality and I now drive a GMC disel pickup! Now, my next dream vehicle is an SUV ;) 

19. I also used to dream about being a SAHM but I never thought that would be something I would do. Again, thanks to Michael for making that happen! 

20. I love a good shopping haul but I always get buyers remorse afterwards!

21. I am named after my Grandma (Mom's Mom)

22. I'm not a pop drinker. Unless it is spiked with vodka or something delicious!

23. Gardening, sewing, or sitting outside are my favorite ways to destress and relax.

24. Michael has taught me everything about gardening and hunting. Even though I did grow up with my Dad being a hunter and my family having a garden, I didn't gain much knowledge or interest until about 7 years ago. Now it's two of my favorite hobbies!

25. I dislike most condiments. Especially mustard and mayo. Therefore I typically don't eat any types of salads that are made with either! Potato salad... yuck! Macaroni salad... gross!

26. Needles give me anxiety. Up until I had a baby and I realized a needle poke would be the least of my pain, I used to get very worked up about needles/bloodwork/etc. I'm still not a fan of it, but I'm able to handle it and I don't need my Mom to hold my hand anymore ;) 

27. Ice cream is my weakness. (Fun fact: Michael's addiction to ice cream is 10x worse)
2012

28. Growing up on the Canadian/USA border, we used to go over the bridge to drink since the legal drinking age in Canada is only 19. I went with a fake ID for a few years prior to turning 19. Then that became old news and I used a fake ID to go to bars in the US. (Not sure I should tell my kids about my rebel stage... ha!)

29. Becoming a Mom (aside from marrying Michael) has been the best part of my 29 years! Although some days are tough, I truly think motherhood has made me a better person. I've learned to be more patient, appreciative, caring, understanding, laid back, and selfless. Sometimes it's not easy, but it's a constant learning process! 

That's a little bit more about me! Here's to 29 years!

8 comments:

  1. Awww I love you even more! This was so fun to read and happy almost last year in our 20's! Eeek! Let's plan something for the 30th haha hope yall have a fabulous rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww that last one though! i loved learning more about you. i love ice cream too, i wish kc liked it more so i could eat it more ;) you look amazing in the pageant, and i think your hair looks cute ;) i like condiments, but i don't like cold salads (like pasta salads and the like) though i do like potato salad - except only at home, because here it's weird. i'm sorry haha they add weird stuff to it here. i would love to go to germany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy almost birthday my friend!! Love reading these type of posts :)
    Aaron and I are ice cream addicts too - it's a problem haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday month!! Love getting to learn more about you. Your travel pictures are gorgeous, but I can't believe you've never stopped in Indiana. (Of course I've only been to Michigan once so I can't talk, but we plan on going this summer too! haha) Yes to mamahood being the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday. I feel the same exact way about seafood. There are a few kinds of fish I tolerate, but none that I love. Just thinking about eating a shrimp makes me want to barf. The texture feels like you just plucked it out of the ocean and started chowing down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday. I feel the same exact way about seafood. There are a few kinds of fish I tolerate, but none that I love. Just thinking about eating a shrimp makes me want to barf. The texture feels like you just plucked it out of the ocean and started chowing down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly don't know many people who have been on billboards - so that is amazing!! Happy early birthday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many fun facts! Being a cheerleader through high school and college, those are some pretty serious injuries! I can't believe you've been on a billboard so many times either. That's pretty cool! So to go over the Canadian border, did you need a passport???

    ReplyDelete