Friday, June 10, 2016

Current Summer Favorites

Happy Friday! Today I'm officially 8 months pregnant! How did that happen?! Maybe I'll do a bump update next week! Such a slacker I am...

I'm keeping it short and sweet with some current summer favorites/highlights from this week! Linking up with Amanda's Friday Favorites!

We survived week 4 of RV living! This past week has actually been a pretty good one! We're currently staying less than 10 minutes away from Michael's jobsite, so he's been able to sleep in and help more in the evenings. Next week he's working somewhere else, so we're headed to another new location on Sunday. Only for a short week though, because then we're headed to the lake for Father's Day/my birthday weekend!

Here is our current views of where we are staying...


One of the highlights from this week was celebrating Michael's birthday! In the past, there have been many years we haven't even been together on our birthday's. So being able to have dinner and go grab some ice cream together was nice!


This Stainless Steel 34oz Tumbler is awesome for summer time! I purchased mine at Meijer ($19.99) rather than online. Ice cold water has been really quenching my thirst. Therefore I've been wanting a GOOD insulated tumbler to keep my drink ice cold. I put ice in it in the morning and can refill the cup multiple times and the same ice lasts through the majority of the day! I especially love this one because it has an option for a straw, unlike the Yeti or Swell.

Also summer time quenching is an ice cold smoothie! Remi doesn't do well with eating veggies, so I love that I can sneak in some spinach in a smoothie and she loves it! Our go to recipe is 1C chocolate almond milk, 1TBSP peanut butter, 1 frozen banana, and a handful of fresh spinach. Yum! What's your favorite smoothie recipes?!

Cucumber salad is one of my summer favorites! So easy and delicious! I just made it this week. This time I used whole wheat pasta for some added fiber and I used half the sugar. Still delicious! 

Every time I think about canceling my monthly subscription to Little Poppy Bows, they go ahead and send out adorable bows and I can't resist. For only $12 a month plus $3 shipping, it's a steal! You can choose if you want it on an alligator clip or nylon headband. Here's our most recent shipment... so perfect for summer!

Last but not least, this girl LOVES summer! Being outside is her favorite. She brings me her shoes within an hour of being awake and goes to the door. I mean, how cute. But not realistic. Ha! 


Follow me on snapchat (justjuliejoy) for more random daily summer happenings! 

Have a good weekend!


9 comments:

  1. Why have I never thought to use chocolate almond milk for my smoothies?!?!?! Thank you for that genius suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cucumber salad looks SO good! And yes to a good insulated tumbler. I have one with me pretty much at all times down here in the summer. SO hot! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute that she brings you her shoes! Yaas to the fact that those darn Swell bottles don't have straws! What is up with that? Great idea feeding the little veggies via smoothie. I need to start doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's such a beautiful girl! I do love the Little Poppy Bows. Sadly, R still won't keep bows on longer than a few minutes so it isn't worth it for me. Waaaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my GOSH, she's adorable!! Her eyes....precious!! I have a few water bottles, all for different things!! My favorite for ice cold water, with a straw (that collapses), is my Hyro Flask. They're kind of expensive, but SO WORTH IT! I'm going on year three with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly wouldn't mind living in an RV if that was my view. ;-) And your precious little one is too adorable! I love that she grabs her shoes and brings them to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an incredible view to wake up to every morning! Adding this cucumber salad to our summer menu, it looks delicious! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those bows! I thought about joining but Cory shot me down! My one complaint with the Yeti cup is it doesn't have a straw. I'll have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete