Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Bump Watch ♥ 37 (almost 38) Weeks

Well you never know when one of these bump updates will be the last since we're getting down to the wire... 




How far long:  37w5d

Gender: Still don't know... I was a little nervous after last weeks ultrasound that the tech might slip but nope, she didn't! For a while I got the feeling that it was a boy... but now I feel like I'm leaning more towards a girl.

Since we found out with the first baby, I thought it would be different to not find out this time around. Not to mention, we have so many other things going on right now that occupy my mind and time from allowing me to even prepare for a specific gender if I wanted to.

Minor detail.... we may have an envelope from an ultrasound appointment that we got "just in case" we decided we wanted to know! The envelope has be folded up and tucked away and honestly, we've had no temptations! But we've laughed about it! It will be fun to have as a keepsake and a story with the baby book. 

Weight Gain: 37lbs and feeling like a piggy. Barf.

Baby Size:  According to last weeks ultrasound, he/she is estimated to weigh 7.5lbs already.

Romaine Lettuce - 6lbs & 18.9"

Fun Fact: Baby inhales, exhales, sucking, gripping, and blinking.

Maternity Clothes: For the most part, all maternity. Except a few shorts and my favorite Maurices tanks that I have in every color, some maxi skirts, and Michael's t shirts. I pretty much wear comfy shorts like these or these or a dress, maxi skirt, leggings, and Michael's t shirts. I've learned that with the summer heat, I absolutely cannot stand wearing anything full panel or thick material. My belly gets way too hot and itchy!

Sleep: Sleep has been pretty shitty. Between waking up every 1.5-2 hours to pee, being uncomfortable, or having indigestion and feeling like my throat is on fire. I definitely still cannot bring myself to get up before Remington does in the morning, therefore my time to myself is very limited nonexistent during the day. I guess you could say I'm taking advantage of my sleep now before it becomes very minimal.

Movement: Yes! This little guy/gal is a violent one! When I sit down, it must limit his/her space because the kicks become very strong and sometimes painful. He/she sits/protrudes to the right just like Remington did.

Stretch Marks: Not yet (that I can see), but goodness my belly is itchy and large!

Cravings: Nothing really... fruit, ice, and ice cream if anything. My appetite is not the best and I know I'm not eating like I should be for two.

Belly Button: Umm.. my belly button is the ugliest thing! Seriously... it's so inside out and stretched out! Plus where my belly button was once pierced is so stretched and ugly looking (again).

Anything making you queasy or sick?: No

Symptoms: Light headed. Weak feeling, especially in my legs. My Dr said my iron is extremely low so I'm on some iron pills. Sharp pains and sore muscles in my lower stomach/cervix area. Very sore back and sharp pains on my right side. Especially when I stand up too fast. Acid reflux. Short of breath. Tired. Cellulite on legs and butt (TMI?). Emotional.

What I miss: Being comfortable. Bending over. My summer clothes. Sleeping on my back/belly. Being able to carry Remington in the ergo. A nice ice cold summer cocktail (wine, Redd's apple ale, sangria, mojito... you catch the drift)

Emotions: Stressed, worried, anxious, etc. Pretty much the same emotions as I mentioned before... I am most nervous about adjusting to having two babies. It's going to be a rough adjustment for Remington. And I know it's going to be a rough adjustment for me being alone a lot.

Dreams: None that I can think of.

Hubby's thoughts: He doesn't say a thing... Other than me telling him what I'm feeling or what the Dr's say, he doesn't really ask about the baby, feel him/her move, or really make any comments in general about the baby or my enormous belly. Last week he suggested we talk about names. That's a first sign of initiative.

Nursery: Empty. Literally. We took out a tote of clothes from storage to get us by for a little bit. We also have the swing, rock n play, and car seat out. We looked at some furniture this past weekend and picked out two sets that we like. I feel like they are more boyish than girl though...

Favorite Moment(s): Having an ultrasound, even though he/she barely showed his/her face. Michael and I went out to eat sans baby to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. We got maternity pictures done. Which was an argument and a half.. men. I was excited about getting them taken until we took them and Remington was very uncooperative, I wanted to cry. Not to mention I didn't like my hair. I hope once I see them I will have different feelings. 



What I am looking forward to: Nothing in particular. Honestly, as much as I can't wait to meet this little bundle, I just told Michael yesterday that I'd be okay with the baby staying where it's at for a while longer because that's just easier right now. I'm emotionally not ready and having a lot of anxiety about it. 

Comparison of Baby #1: Similar for the most part...  Except I did notice that I don't have the linea nigra this time. The pressure/pains I've been feeling already seem so early compared to with Remi. I gained more weight in my back/butt/thighs with Remi and my belly was more round. This time around I feel like my belly is more oval and I'm carrying much lower. The Dr said that it's normal to carry lower for your 2nd pregnancy. 

Catch up here...










5 comments:

  1. It probably doesn't feel this way to you, but I can't believe how quickly it's passed by! You look great girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking gorgeous (as always)! That blue color is beautiful on you!
    Getting down to the end here...so exciting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG girl you are all baby! You look absolutely amazing! I hope you love your maternity pictures when you get them back even though you weren't too happy when you took them. You always look stunning so I'm sure your hair was fine and men... can't live with them can't live without them ;) <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady, you are one hot mama and alllllll baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost there. I love that you're still holding onto the surprise. We did that with our last two and loved it!

    ReplyDelete