Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Life Lately: 12 Recent iPhone Photos

There's no doubt we've been keeping busy over here in our neck of the woods! If it's not one thing, it's another. So here's a little bit about what's been going on in our lives (besides still adjusting to life with two under two) according to my most recent iPhone photos!


From top left to right and on down... 

++ Horses! When we stay at the camper, it's 90% of the time in my families back yard. Aka Nana and Papa Furtah. Next door, there is a decent size horse farm and Remington looooves them! She will go peek out the camper windows all day long so she can see them and beg to go outside. Every night, Michael and her take apples out to give them a treat. This has become such a routine that she will go to the fridge and point to the door until you open it. She will grab an apple. Then she will stand at the silverware drawer asking for a knife to cut the apple. It's amazing how fast she's learning! I love her excitement when she sees those horses! 

++ Date night!! A couple weekends ago, Michael and I got out of the house camper kid free! For the first time in I couldn't tell you how long! Literally. It was to attend one of my girlfriends weddings! The first problem was digging through storage to find dress clothes to wear. The second problem was leaving ML who doesn't have interest in drinking from a bottle. Luckily, we were able to enjoy ourselves for about 5 hours. We even stopped at a bar on the way and had a beer on our way. Now honest engines, I couldn't tell you the last time that happened either! It was nice to spend some one on one time with the hubs although I have to admit, I couldn't wait to get back to the kids. ;) 

++ R bites the dust. It's hard to tell in this tiny picture, but R's nose is swollen, bruised, as well as a bruise under her eye. Michael took her outside to play and she went down the garage stairs with chalk in both hands and he didn't assist her. Therefore, she went face first to the concrete. I was pretty upset with him. I honestly thought she had broken her nose. Thankfully, it seems to be okay now!

++ R Eating. You guys. This kid and her eating habits are so terrible! She used to eat on her own pretty well! Now it seems like every meal, we have to sit with her and make a game of getting food into her mouth. Hence her sassy smile. Side note: is it bad that we use paper plates so often?! It's especially easy in the camper so we use less water. 

++ ML Snoozing. I probably take too many pictures of my kids sleeping. But, who doesn't!? Fun fact: Mason won't lay (or sit in a chair/swing) for more than 5-10 minutes. Thanks to his horrible reflux. (Insert sarcasm) So this snoozing position was short lived. But, he looked adorable while it lasted! I think I took a nap with him on my chest after I took the picture. Ha!

++ Food plots with Daddy! When Michael is home, he always takes care of Remington so that I can get a break from at least one kid. It's really amazing honestly. Plus, it's great for their relationship as well! Anyways, Michael took her outback on the four wheeler to help him plant some food plots before hunting season. She's definitely an outdoors lover! 

++ Bug bite turned cellulitis. My MIL came over to help with the kids and took R outside because that's what she loves to do. Later that day I noticed she had a huge bug bite on her leg however it was the worst bug bite I'd ever seen. I called my MIL to ask if she noticed she had gotten bit by something. She hadn't. So I put some oils on it and kept an eye on it. Three days later, she woke up and it was much worse. Her whole leg was swollen, the bite appeared to be infected, and the area had a fever. After asking around for some opinions, I started to get a little worried about it. I wouldn't be able to get her into the doctor until Monday. (This was on a Friday) And I wasn't sure I wanted to let it go over the weekend. Later that afternoon, it seemed worse. More red and swollen. We were headed to the camper that evening anyways, so I went with my Mom instincts and stopped at a walk in clinic on my way. My Mom met me to take Mason so that I didn't have to take him into the clinic. Long story short, she was bit by a bug (most likely a spider) and then with the bite being an open wound, she was exposed to an infection from someone/somewhere (we only went one place that week so I have a feeling it was there), and the infection went into the bug bite. Had I not taken her in and got her on an antibiotic, the infection could have spread through her body and she would have wound up with MRSA and most likely been in the hospital. 

++ Timehop - 2012. This photo recently showed up on my timehop of Mom, Greg, and I camping in Caseville 4 years ago. Great times! Pre marriage. Pre babies. Wow. Can I have that body back?! 

++ R eating (again). Okay, apparently I take as many pictures of my kids eating as I do sleeping?!! Miss sass pot refusing to eat, per usual. Her facial expressions and personality keeps me laughing on the daily (along with the tears of exhaustion, ha!)

++ Kisses for baby ML. R doesn't have much interest in the baby. I was trying to get a picture of the two of them sitting next to each other and as soon as I sat him down next to her, she pushed him away and screamed. So I asked her to please be nice and give him a kiss since she was being so sassy. All the heart eyes. 

++ Our house. Nothing new on the home front. Had a showing scheduled last week. They pulled in and left. Apparently they didn't notice in the photos on the listing that we had a large yard of grass. (5 acres to be exact) Therefore, when they pulled in, they seen the yard and decided they didn't even want to look at it. I was quite annoyed. I could have been napping. On another note, we have been moving boxes back to the house from the storage unit as the time allows. I know it's a lot of work, but I don't think it's worth the money to pay for a storage unit. We are in the process of listing with a new realtor and we are PRAYING for a miracle. 

++ Lower standards. This quote is so true. In the past, I wouldn't be seen without makeup. I wouldn't go out in public with my hair a mess or in comfy clothes. Heck, anymore, I can be seen out of the house without even brushing my hair let alone who knows the last time it was washed. Motherhood, it's all about lowering your standards and embracing the crazy. 

Well that sums up a little bit of what we've been up to! I apologize for being a bad blogger lately, I'm hoping to catch up on reading soon! Thanks for those who have stopped by and continue to read my boring posts lately! Also, a huge thank you for all of the kind words, support, prayers, and encouragement y'all have given me! XO



7 comments:

  1. Remi's face in that one picture - too stinkin' cute!! And her hair is getting so long. I would def not feel bad about paper plates especially since you're in a trailer. Do what you gotta do. Glad you guys got out for a date night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got her bite looked at! So scary! Your timehop picture I was getting ready to ask you what your secrets are because you are looking amazing post baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one nasty looking spider bite! Glad you got it taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I'm so glad you took her to the clinic when you did - so glad she's doing okay! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i am scared what motherhood will do to my standards, as they are already pretty low ;)
    goodness, R and that bug bite - terrifying. see, look at you, trusting your instincts. that's what matters!!
    i would be SO annoyed if i was showing my house and someone pulled in and left, especially over something they could have known about in the listing. RUDE.
    you look the exact same now as you did in that photo. but can i also have that body?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - that bug bite looks brutal!!!! Ouch! And yay for date nights - a nice evening out is always welcomed (even if you were ready to get back to the kiddos!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, I saw that bikini picture and almost just closed this post! There's no way I'd be caught in a bikini right now! I feel like the majority of my pictures are of Baker sleeping! I assume once she starts eating, that will change!

    ReplyDelete