Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Blake's Apple Orchard

Over the weekend, I was able to take R to the apple orchard for the first time! Last year we visited a small local pumpkin patch, so I was really looking forward to taking her to a larger place with lots of kid friendly activities. The plan was for my Mom to watch ML while Michael and I had a little day date with R, just the three of us. However, Michael wound up having to work Saturday and Sunday. So then my Mom and I were going to take both the kids. Then last minute we decided that I would just have a little Mommy and me date with R.

So we headed to Blake's on Sunday morning, with hopes to beat a little bit of the crowd. We arrived around 11. Which was later than I wanted, but we got a late start. I loaded up the stroller and we made our way to the "funland". It was actually a bit colder than I than I thought it would be, so I'm glad we didn't take the baby. R didn't have much interest in anything besides the animals. So we spent most of our time trying to feed the overfed animals who had no interest in our ice cream cone treat. Then we checked out the pumpkin patch and headed out! I really wanted some cider and donuts (isn't that the true reason we go to the orchard?!) but there was no way I could squeeze inside the barn with the stroller and stand in the incredibly long lines!

It was really nice to be able to spend some one on one time with my not so little girl, even if it was only a short trip to the orchard. It may have been more enjoyable if it wasn't so cold out and if Michael were there to do some more of the activities they had. But, it's better than nothing so I'll take it!









Annnnnd.... look at this tiny babe one year ago!



7 comments:

  1. Omg she has grown so much in the last year!! Too bad it was cold and the animals weren't hungry :( But happy you two got some one on one time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you two were able to spend some quality time together. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much fun!!! we went to a pumpkin patch the other week with my family and my daughter had a blast! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look how much she has grown in just a year! Crazy! What a fun girls day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww she has grown so much! some one on one time sounds amazing, i am sure she loved it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me on a pick-your-own apple place I went to a few times when we lived in Ohio! They had wooden hand-painted signs too.

    ReplyDelete