Friday, November 11, 2016

5 year Engagement Anniversary

Happy Friday, November 11th (11/11)... one of my favorite days of all time! 

Today marks Michael and I's five year engagement anniversary! I know there really isn't such thing, but in my opinion, it's worth celebrating because it was the beginning step towards spending the rest of our lives together! 

The number 11 is my favorite/lucky number. So 5 years ago, when it was 11/11/11, it was like the ultimate lucky day in my mind. Little did I know, Michael was about to make my day even more special! 

I'll never forget all of the details of that day. Which you can read a little more about here. There are still a lot of details missing from there as well, but I still have them in my mind. :-) 

Michael had been gone on a 2 week trip for work and had text me earlier that day that he would be home sooner than anticipated! (Actually, little did I know, he had to fly in just to make it home in time for his plan to propose on 11/11/11 and his cousin had to pick him up from the airport, rush home to get flowers and bake a cake before I got home from work). 

When I got home that night, I wasn't greeted at the door by barking dogs or Michael. Instead, starting at the door was a candle lit path lined with rose petals that led all the way through the house into the living room. Where the fireplace was lit, music was playing, and there Michael stood... with a cake that he baked himself (homemade frosting and all) and my favorite flowers - stargazer lilies. 

Get this, I didn't even think this was a proposal! He was always telling me we wouldn't get engaged anytime soon and I had given up on talking to him about it anymore. I truly just thought he was being romantic after being gone at work for two weeks! I'm so naive... 

I will never ever forget the moment he got down on one knee. I was shaking, shocked, and beyond happy. I couldn't stop smiling and crying at the same time! 

I have a lot more memories of that day that someday hopefully I'll have time to write down...

Five years since that day certainly has flown by. I can remember it just like it was yesterday yet so much has changed since then. I am so thankful that Michael chose me to spend the rest of his life with. Happy Engagement Anniversary, Michael! 

I had a hard time finding pictures from that day. I can only find this collage of pictures rather than each individual picture...

And of course, I still have the picture I took of my ring that night saved on my phone. Because... I'm weird, I don't know. 

Throwback to November 2011 (Since I can't find any other pics from that night... apparently I wasn't as organized with my photos as I am now!)


8 comments:

  1. Ahhh crazy how fast time flies - love how special Michael made it for you! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy engagement anniversary! That's such a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story. I had a friend in high school who always used to say, "It's 11:11! Make a wish!" I still think of it every time I happen to look at the clock at 11:11.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ring is so pretty! Love this. Our engagement anniversary is the day after Christmas, so we always remember it and are like, "remember when we got engaged? that was crazy." ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwwwwww happy engagement anniversary! i actually forget which day we got engaged, but timehop reminds me because i told my mum and she told my entire family and i woke up to a bunch of FB messages like 'why the f*ck didn't you tell us?' and everyone was really mad haha. i love celebrating little anniversaries though, like when we met and when we got back together :) anyway, loved this story!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet!! I got engaged over the summer on 4th of July...and I think my fiance and I will ALWAYS celebrate it, especially since it's a holiday and it's his absolute favorite holiday too. It's such a special day : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time passes way too quickly but I loved this little story! How sweet that he baked the cake all by himself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete