Sunday, December 11, 2016

Christmas Card Photo Outtakes

I'm majorly slacking in the Christmas card/photo department this year. Hell, I'm slacking in many departments of life... but that's a whole other story! :)

To be honest, I didn't even think about Christmas cards let alone family photos until I started seeing my social media feeds blow up with said photos and conversations. I literally thought 'Ah, we'll skip Christmas cards this year." That thought was short lived. 

The type A inner Mom guilt starting filling my mind and I couldn't fathom skipping a year of Christmas cards. ML's first Christmas at that! Nope, I couldn't let the Grinch win. ;) I certainly didn't have time to schedule a photo session by a professional and I sure as hell didn't have time to purchase some cute holiday outfits for the kids. Lo and behold, the option of matching onesies or Christmas jammies that were already in the kids closets.

I borrowed a dozen Christmas blankets from my Mom and MIL for a "backdrop" (wound up choosing the simple white one... ha!) and acted ridiculous in efforts to make my kids smile as I snapped a million photos.

So here you have a handful of 'outtakes' from our cheesy at home Christmas card photo session from this weekend!

What was I thinking trying to have them both lay down next to each other?! No way was that happening! 

Me: (while jumping up and down making noises to get their attention) "SMILE!!!! LOOK AT MAMA! SAY CHEESE!" 

Me: (while playing peakaboo behind the camera) "Where's R..... Where's baby ML...." 
R: (raises her hand) "Heeeeeere! Hiiiii!"

Me: Waving a toy. 
R: Trying to grab said toy. 
Fail.
Me: "Sit next to your brother please..."
R: Slouches down and slides off the couch, pulling ML down with her. 

Me: Doing something ridiculous that ML obviously found amusing while R thought "Look away, just look away."

Me: "R, can you please sit up and get closer to your brother..." 
R: Tilts head and leans to the right. 

Me: singing "If your happy and you know it..." 
R: "Hoooooray!"

There you have it... the behind the scenes of our Christmas Card photos. Tell me, are you the type that has your Christmas cards ready before December 1st?! No wait, don't tell me. 




8 comments:

  1. Ahhhh this is so fun! In my opinion this quick sesh turned out fabulous and I can't wait to have these babes on my fridge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so cute! I can't imagine how hard it is to get them both to sit, look at the camera, and smile at the same time! lol I'm sure your card turned out great, can't wait to see it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness look at those cheeks that ML has - so cute!! The outtakes are the best - photos that will make you smile when you're having a tough day! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I love the Christmas pajama pictures. We did that one year with my oldest complete with reindeer slippers. Oh how I wish to go back in time and see that 3 three year old who I'm now teaching to drive. I enjoy your blog and honesty. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing what your stage directions were and then seeing how your daughter interpreted that. I always laugh at how you can say "Smile!" to a kid and they will give you a hideous grimace that in no way resembles a smile!

    ReplyDelete