Sunday, January 8, 2017

2016 Review || 2017 Preview

In true "mom of two under two" fashion, it's the start of the second week of the new year, and I'm just now finding the time to process it all. I mean seriously, where did 2016 go?! Besides our sweet baby boy joining our family, 2016 really won't be missed. It's no secret around here that I've been riding the hot mess express for.. well, um... months... but I'm really hoping to change that with this new year. Of course, there's only so much in my control, so it's more of a mentality thing I need to focus on... Send help. ;)

January - We took our first family road trip to Louisville, KY for the QDMA National Convention.

February - We announced the news that Remington was going to be a big sister! I took R outside to play in the snow for the first time.




March - Our baby girl turned ONE!


April - We celebrated Remington's birthday with family and friends. We accepted an offer on our house and began moving out!

May - We purchase a new camper and moved into it. We took Remington to the zoo for the first time.



June - The sale of our home fell through. We then decided we had to move back in before baby #2 arrived. We went on several camping trips and spent lots of time outside.

July - We partially moved back into the house while still partially living in the camper. Remington attended her first tractor pulls over 4th of July weekend. We had maternity pictures taken by Shanell.


August 2016 - We added a baby boy to our family!

September - We went back to living in the camper so we could be with Michael more often. Remington participated in her first Boo Bash halloween camping trip. 

October - My best friend had her rainbow baby, Olivia Brynn. R and I had a day date and took a trip to the apple orchard for the first time. We moved completely back into the house and winterized the camper. 


November - Michael came home for Thanksgiving. We celebrated our little turkeys and family. My Mom turned to big 5-0 and we had a surprise party for her! 


December - We counted down the days until Michael got laid off for the winter! We celebrated Christmas a lot (5 times to be exact) and I took the kids to see Santa. We also took the kids to see Christmas lights and R enjoyed it much more this year than last. 

Looking back on 2016, despite the struggles, we did have a lot of fun and made a lot of memories! Of course there were also weddings, babies, family gatherings, and much more to add to the list too! 

Sometimes it's hard not to get hung up on the bad times, and that is something I want to work on for 2017. I'd like to focus on being thankful for the blessings I DO have rather than dwell on the bad days or things that I don't have. 

I hope to work at getting us on a budget. 

Be more of a minimalist. 

Take care of my health, skin, and body. (Afterall, I do turn 30 this year...)

Make more time to "date" my husband. 

Be present. Not only with detaching from my phone but also enjoying/living in the moment rather than always thinking about what I need to be doing next or what I could be doing instead of what I'm currently doing.  

And my #1 goal for 2017.... SELL THIS HOUSE AND MOVE! 

Wishing you a healthy and happy New Year! 


5 comments:

  1. Loved the recap! I just can't get over how big the babies are getting....I'm hoping you sell that house too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, number one, i hope you sell your house! fingers and toes crossed for you :) and hey, i'm 30 this year as well haha. in about a month actually! eep. you had a lot going on in 2016, i hope 2016 is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha lady - when I started reading your goals, in my head I said SELL THAT HOUSE!
    And then there it was at the end of your list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here-I need to stop always thinking about what I need to do next and just enjoy the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember alllll of these moments! But yes, cheers to the new year and to getting that house sold! Hope you're having a better week! Muah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete