Tuesday, February 7, 2017

ML | Half Birthday | 6 Months Old



Weight/Length: 19lbs 9oz | 28.25" Tall

Clothes: Squeezing into some 9 months... but wearing mostly 12 months

Sleep: He's still sleeping in our room. Either next to me or in the pack n play. Typically goes to bed around 9:30-10pm. Sleeps anywhere from 2-4 hours. Eats. Goes back to sleep for 1-2 hours. Repeat. Some nights are still better than others but for the most part we're not always up every hour like we have been for the last 5 months. Since he's not the greatest sleeper, he's not much of a napper either. He takes 3-4 short naps a day (morning, early afternoon, late afternoon, evening). He really likes to snuggle and since he's not quite ready to have blankets, I wound up getting a bigger sleep sack and he seems to like that. Definitely looking forward to more sleep but I'm not sure I'm ready to do sleep training yet...

Eating: It's been a week since I've nursed him due to his biting habits. I just do not have the patience or pain tolerance to deal with that. So we've been pumping and bottle feeding. Which isn't what I wanted to do, but I'm not ready to switch to formula ($$$). We also started solids and some days he likes to eat while other days he pinches his lips and turns his head back and forth trying to escape the spoon. So far he's tried blueberries, pears, peaches, apples, sweet potato, squash, green beans, peas, and avocado.

Diapers: Honest size 4

Appearance: Still lots of blonde hair! He kind of has a reverse mullet - party in front (long hair) and business in back (bald). LOL! He got his first haircut just over a month ago and he needs another one already! Blue eyes (like Mama and sissy), two teeth, chubby cheeks and legs!

Nicknames: Chub chub, Chub chub boy, Hungry hungry hippo, Bubba, Bubba Chubba, and the best of all - according to sissy "bay Main" is her version of Baby Mason. 💓

Firsts/Doing/Learning: Crawling allll over, pulls himself up on to everything and anything, sits up, crawls from one end of the house to the other searching for Mama or sissy, everything to the mouth, had to lower his crib because he stands up as soon as he wakes up,

Likes: Watching Remi, Mama (whimpers & cries if he sees me & someone else is holding him), pulling himself onto the couch, blankets (especially the tie ones), the cord on the vacuum, cell phones, snuggling.

Dislikes: Getting his diaper changed, getting his ears cleaned out, waiting more than 2 seconds for food.

Mama's Feelings: Things are starting to get easier. Mostly due to his reflux getting better, he's been a much more happier baby. Even though he still doesn't sleep well, you wouldn't believe the difference of waking up every two hours versus waking up every hour. Ha! The anxiety and PPD is getting better as well, but leaving the house is still not my favorite thing to do. Mason is such a Mama's boy so of course I take advantage of loving up on him all the time. It's been fun to watch Remi interact with him now that he's more mobile. It's the cutest thing when they are just looking at each other and giggling. Some days are harder than others... I've learned that I'll probably always be exhausted... but being a Mom is still my favorite thing ever. 💙


7 comments:

  1. Happy half-birthday little man!
    Love reading about his progress, can't believe so much happens in 6 months! I haven't even given birth yet and I'm already like time needs to slow down hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 month clothes - you go big boy! He look so presh and I cannot believe a 1/2 year is down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, his reverse mullet. and ouch at the biting! i definitely could not handle that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love his little face! He's so stinkin cute! And I can't believe how different babies can be...Baker has shown no interest in becoming mobile. I'm gonna enjoy it for as long as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe he is six months old! I wish he was sleeping better for you. I'll be praying about that. I'm glad your PPD is better a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say how smart you are instead of buying a onesie that says '6 months' you just add it later in photoshop? I love seeing people avoid wasting money. :)

    ReplyDelete