Thursday, March 9, 2017

One Pot Southwest Chicken & Rice



I was searching for something to make for this weeks meal plans and I came across this one that is one of my long time favorites passed on from my Mama! It can be served alone, on tortilla shells, or with tortilla chips. It only has 6 ingredients, you only have to dirty one pan, and I love Mexican dishes! (I didn't count the water as one of the 6 ingredients because that's something we all have on hand)

Ingredients:

• 4 Chicken Breasts - Cut into bite size pieces or shredded, whichever  you prefer
• 1 pkg taco seasoning
• 1 C Salsa
• 2 C Rice (uncooked)
• 1 can Black beans (rinsed/drained)
• 1 C Mexican Shredded Cheese
• 2 C Water
• Optional - sour cream, green onions, and additional cheese or salsa

Preparation:

1. Cook chicken. (I cook mine in a little EVOO and water)

2. Drain any excess fluids from the pan from cooking the chicken

3. Add taco seasoning, salsa, and water to the pan of chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.

4. Add rice, black beans, and cheese. Return to a boil.

5. Cover and cook on low for 5 minutes.

Serve on tortilla shells or with a side of tortilla chips and add some additional toppings such as sour cream, salsa, or green onions if desired.

What's your favorite and/or easy go to Mexican dish?!



4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love one pot dinners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could eat this every day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! this looks amazing! i love making mexican food :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! And it's only one pot! That's always a no brainer!

    ReplyDelete