Tuesday, August 8, 2017

ML's First Birthday Party | Wild One

Last weekend we celebrated Mason's first birthday! It sure was a busy weekend and it took me a couple days to catch up and then find time to upload some pictures!

It turned out to be a great day! We had lots of family and a few friends that joined us and the weather was perfect - not too hot, not too cold. We had tables and chairs outside along with the bounce house and other kids toys. Having a summer birthday party is a nice change of pace!

I have to admit, as much as I love hosting parties and decorating, it was slightly stressful and chaotic. I worked on decorations for weeks prior and then began setting them up throughout the house a week in advance because I knew with taking care of the kids, going grocery shopping, getting balloons, picking up the cake and smoked chicken the day prior, and then preparing all the remaining food - (all while sporting that single mom life on little sleep I might add), was going to be pretty overwhelming. And it was. To top it off, I let Michael convince me it was a good idea to go to the fair the morning of the party. 🙈  But, in the end, we got our poop in a group and had a good time! 😂

Since Mason is a bit timid and attached to Mama... he didn't have much interest in mingling or opening gifts. That poor kid is nothing like his mother. Lol! Remington was SO excited all week long to have "Mason's birdday pwartee" and "eat take". She was even more excited when she got a present of her own to open. When we sang him Happy Birthday she just kept singing it over and over while he was eating his cupcake. It was the cutest thing. And she kept asking him "I habe a bite of yer take?" 😆 The morning after the party we had all the gifts open and set up in the living room for when the kids woke up. Remington said "Oh my. Where dis all tome from?!" Seriously. So cute. 😍

I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking... 😉




























7 comments:

  1. Seriously, you are super mom/woman!!! What a gorgeous party, and you look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute colors you chose for the party and glad that Remington had a ton of fun too! xo,Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious party; you did a great job! And Remington sounds just like Walker! She cracks me up with her sayings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your party decor is always so spot on lady! This is adorable and he looks like he had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love his name puzzle! :)
    You are a total rockstar for getting this up with two little kids and by yourself! We had R's 2nd birthday party last weekend, and it is so stressful. I may have cried twice during the party (when I was in the nursery feeing J). Nothing terrible, but it's just a lot to host family and friends for a party! Your decor is AWESOME and I love the theme! You did such a great job. The wild one banner is soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I love your quotes from Remington. Kid-speak is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE party! i love the cookies! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete